HR Director (Virtual)
Strategic, Multi-state expertise, Employee as Customer Attitude
Virtual Geographic Office
Travel Outlook is an innovative, custom off-site central reservations office (CRO) service that serves as either a primary or overflow reservations department for hotels. Travel Outlook is growing rapidly and has an immediate opening for the head of HR. Employees currently reside in 23 different states. Position reports to the CEO.
Travel Outlook currently operates in a virtual, office-free work environment. Each employee, including the CEO, resides and works in different cities and states. Consequently, successful experience in leading HR activities across time zones and ideally in virtual, online, (synchronous and asynchronous) settings is a strong plus.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Possess an enthusiastic “Employee as Customer” approach to life and work.
• 5+ years of HR leadership experience in a fast-paced, multi-state, ideally, hospitality-based work environment.
• Proven, advanced, knowledge, skills and abilities in all facets of HR.
• Strong familiarity with federal and numerous state employment laws, ‘best employment practices’ and processes for a company with 100+ employees and growing.
• Must be comfortable leading conference calls, webinars and working via other mobile meeting platforms to continuously motivate, drive deadlines and communicate effectively and transparently without the luxury of meeting face-to-face.
• Must be a self-starter, results-driven, high-energy leader with a proven “do what it takes” work ethic and ability to complete complex tasks with little to no supervision.
• A passionate belief in not just being held responsible, but being held accountable – accountable to all stakeholders, both inside and outside the company.
• Strategic thinker, “grasps the big picture” but not at the expense of the details.
• Exceptional communicator, collaborator, and diplomat; values and understands the power of the written and spoken word and how to express oneself effectively and with empathy to various audiences.
• Proven understanding/application of effective recruitment/selection procedures, benefits administration, WC, UI, employee relations, training, and legal compliance.
• Previous leadership experience working in hotels or similar types of industries is a strong plus.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record of high volume recruitment of non-exempt level employees.
• Preference will also be given to candidates with a proven ‘call center’ HR leadership experience.
• Leadership level experience of performing high-level HR functions in a virtual work setting, with employees working from multiple states, is preferred.
The successful candidate will:
• Work closely with senior management regarding all employment issues of the organization.
• Have a proven track record of building successful, critical HR-related systems.
• Encourage and promote new recognition efforts for employees in all locations and at all levels.
• Be self-directed and a critical thinker.
• Participate in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
• Advance the mission and vision by implementing and maintaining all human capital systems.
• Be an integral member of the leadership team and will work closely with all departments addressing all employment needs.
• Lead all HR efforts at a strategic as well as operational level.
• Recruit, retain and motivate the talented employees of Travel Outlook.
• Some travel required.
Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or a closely related field. S/PHR or SCP certification strongly desired. A master’s degree is also desired.
Pay is commensurate with experience. The benefits package is very comprehensive and market-driven. This position does not require relocation, work can be performed from any U.S. based location, however, preference will be given to qualified candidates that reside in or near (or willing to relocate to) an airport hub city, particularly those located in the Central part of the United States. Preference will also be given to candidates residing in Santa Fe or Albuquerque, NM.
Please send an updated resume or CV including and a description of the size and complexity of teams or organizations you’ve led, to:
[email protected] No phone calls, please.